2015年6月13日星期六

Desma 9 Extra Credit Event #2 Mary Reid Kelly at Hammer Museum

Desma 9 Extra Credit Event #2 Mary Reid Kelly at Hammer Museum

I visited Hammer Museum for Mary Reid Kelly's art exhibition a few days ago, Mary Reid Kelly's art exhibition at the Hammer Museum consists of three short videos made by herself. In the videos, the characters art "models" made by Mary Reid Kelly, with the shape of human but looks like artificial models.

The gallery where the videos were played was very dark and I have to admit that I was scared by the combination of the darkness and bizarre looking of the characters made by Mary Reid Kelly, their eyes were unnatural and the combination of white eyeballs and a not moving black pupil was scary.

In the videos, the human shape figures created by Mary Reid Kelly were presenting short plays directed by Mary Reid Kelly. Their lines were obscure and a little bit rhythmic so I took a pamphlet carrying the lines and read it afterward to help me understand about the plays.

Mary Reid Kelly's short plays was based on ancient greek times and discussed about family, fate, and one's choices. She acted as each and every characters and used her paintings as the looking of the characters. And she also focused on women characters, all the characters told stories based on women's perspective. I think it is a very interesting form of art representation and being there really expanded my understanding on forms of artistic expression and I recommend my classmates also go and watch this intriguing and interesting exhibition.


It was very dark inside so I could not take pictures of myself within the gallery, so I took pictures of myself outside the gallery.

My picture with a Hammer Museum staff










没有评论:

发表评论